Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Detox continued

I did walk my daughter to preschool, but felt like I was slogging through wet cement. And I also got some planting done at the community garden. And I planted my own 4 x 8 raised bed in the garden with rainbow chard, endive, spinach, and a few onions.

In addition to my morning's green juice, I also ate

2 1/2 C. of thawed mangoes around 11:30
Around 2, I meant to make a salad and a dressing for it, but I ran out of time and just drank the dressing, which was 2/3 of an avocado, 1 large tomato, 2 stalks of celery, 1 Tbs. raw apple cider vinegar
2 oz. soaked and dehydrated walnuts around 3:30
3/4 of a large Bartlett pear around 5:00
A big salad of romaine, red and yellow pepper, grated carrot, a sprinkling of soaked dehydrated sunflower seeds, a sprinkling of lentil sprouts and a bunch more of that creamy nut-based dressing

I know, too many nuts and way too much fat! And I should probably be fasting while sick...

I feel down, but have been reading other's stories of detox and know that this is to be expected. I also believe that my detox will be short because I am YOUNG and STRONG and HEALTHY. I plan to rest and relax this evening and if I feel bad tomorrow, I will definitely go easier on the food intake.

2 comments:

Valerie Winters said...

I hope you’ll post some photos of your raised bed garden in the future. I’d love to see it.
VW

greenmama! said...

Hi Valerie,

I really want to post photos on my blog but I haven't figured it out yet. I'm a bit of a newbie to all this tech-stuff and I get a bit intimidated.

I've seen your blog and it looks great! Maybe you can recommend a "blogging for dummies"-type site so I can figure out what I'm doing.