Friday, April 27, 2007

Ready to Begin Living Joyfully

Chapter 9: Getting ready to Embark

As I write this, I am aware that I am healthier and fitter than I was 10 years ago. I am so thankful that I have come to this place.

But I am aware of the nagging pains, physical and emotional. I finally feel ready to fulfill my potential as a human being.

My decision to go raw was influenced by Ginger, known as RawVeganMom. I met her on SparkPeople and was drawn to her energy. She turned me on to the Secret, which led me to the teachings of Abraham through Jerry and Esther Hicks. She also turned me on to Doug Graham's 80-10-10 plan.

I began to do more research into raw and was powerfully affected by something that Nora Lenz said on her site RawSchool.com. Human beings are clearly made to eat fruit. Our teeth, our sense of smell and sight, our strong attraction to sweet tastes, our lack of strong stomach acids and the evidence from our closest non-human neighbors, the binobo monkeys--it all points to the fact that we should be eating primarily fruit, with some leaves, nuts and seeds.

I am ready to allow myself to heal. I am ready to be true to who I really am. I am ready to be healthy and in turn, happy.

2 comments:

Ecodea said...

Loved your story!! I am "planning" my 2nd pregnancy and wanting everything to be "perfect" (i.e., stop binging completely, be fit, 100% raw, etc., etc.) but it is so hard!!!! I'm also considering homeschooling, so it was interesting to read your other blog too. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to reading more.
Cheers,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading all 9 chapters...wow! Amazing story! Both your parents sound just like mine...Dad insists having his meat while mom tends to the vegetable garden...thank you for your post! I'm making the transition to 100% raw vegan and you are very encouraging! Thank You!