Monday, May 7, 2007

Garden with Gloves!


Me and ma' baby workin' in the community garden this morning. My 5 year-old took this picture. On the right, you can just barely make out my raised bed. Nothing sprouting yet, so you'll have to wait to see what grows.

Notice the hoe in my hand and my lack of gardening gloves. This is a bad combination, as I now have two blisters. They didn't feel so nice when I was juicing lemons and limes to make dinner tonight.

I got in lots of walking today and enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather.

Today's food:

8:30 a.m. About a pound of grapes

Noon A whole bunch of Greenmama's Green Crackers (too many!), 2 plum tomatoes, 1 C. defrosted mangoes

3 p.m. A few slices of red pepper, a cup or so of grapes, a Bartlett pear

6 p.m. A big salad of romaine, green sprouts, red pepper, and chopped tomato with pureed mango and lime juice, some more crackers and Essene bread dipped in guacamole, some asparagus and a little more guacamole

I meant to just eat the salad and feed the guac to everyone else, but...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog.

Am so envious you have space - somewhat limited here in Tokyo. see what i can achieve on the balcony.

Great pics!!

love, love
em
xxx

Valerie Winters said...

Great photo. I can’t wait to see how your garden grows. (Smile)
VW

greenmama! said...

Thanks everyone! Em, you can grow lots of great stuff in containers.

Marjorie