Saturday, May 26, 2007

Fantastic Farmer's Market



I can't tell you how excited I am about being a farmer's market vendor. Thanks to my kool friend Kristi (who says she reads my blog, hi Kristi!), who agreed to let me horn in on her market spot. Today I made, drumroll please.... $38 selling lettuce and rhubarb!!! I also raised $18 selling plants for the Community Garden. (Thanks to my other super-cool friend, Heather.)
Above, you'll see a picture of the Four Seasons Lettuce I had for sale this morning. It is a bit more piquant than I realized and I was a bit nervous about selling it to the general public. Ideally, it would be included in a mix of more tender, sweet lettuces, but I'm not that organized yet. I did offer samples and, low and behold, people still bought it. Whew.


I also did an interesting recipe to get rid of some of my legumes.
Sprouted Salad Crunchies
Sprouted organic lentils, sprouted organic chickpeas, lime juice, onion powder, cumin, sea salt, cayenne
Dehydrate until crispy.
Delicious (but not great for the digestive system). I probably won't do this again, since I ended up eating a bunch while I was making it and got lots of painful GAS.


I only sold one tiny package of them. People didn't seem to like them as much as I did.


No comments: