Wednesday, May 26, 2010

40 Day Feast




Connie at Naked Food Cafe has inspired me to a 40 day feast of self-care. Just what I need right now. Here are my 40 day goals.

1) I will love myself deeply and sweetly no matter what.

2) I will eat the foods that my body was designed to digest and use for fuel.

3) I will continue to move my body joyfully for at least 45 minutes per day.

4) I will continue to focus on my healing work, and I will celebrate each tiny bit of progress and accept that it may take time.

5) I will take time to express gratitude and love often.


I really want to blog more, but I often feel that I have so much going on, and my emotions are so up and down, I don't know what to share. Here's an update on the last month or so:


My eating has been up and down dramatically, but fruit is my main source of calories. My exercise is consistent. (Walking, rebounding, cardio videos, jumproping, dancing!) My garden is ambitious and I am nervous but excited about it. I planted 7 varieties of melons this week and have more to plant. My snow peas, sugar snaps and potatoes are 2 inches high and baby lettuces, beets, beans, and carrots are poking out everywhere. So far I am keeping my potted baby fruit trees and my tomato seedlings alive. Fingers crossed.


I want to share that I have been turned on to the amazing benefits of Feldenkrais and have been really enjoying doing some of the free lessons found here. It is changing my life!


I am so grateful for the sunshine, and for my beautiful family, and for the fresh local organic strawberries I have been enjoying this week.


I will try to post my progress regularly on this feast.

5 comments:

laurie said...

Great to hear from you Marjorie. I LOVE Feldenkrais. Do you just click on the recordings and download them? I'm going to do that!

Anonymous said...

You sound so happy and positive Marjorie. :) These next 40 days are gonna rock! :)

Love & Sunshine!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!!
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Marjorie, you're so special. Your energy is authentic and present and grounded ~ I just love reading your posts. ♥ Your feast sounds delicious. :)

greenmama! said...

Hey,

It's my favorite ladies! Thanks for the encouragement.

Yes, Laurie, I have been downloading the classes and absolutely loving them.

Hugs,

Marjorie