Thursday, April 8, 2010

In local news...

Our town got hit with quite a storm on Monday. It made CNN, I was told (though I didn't see it). Some shingles blew off our roof and we lost 4 large trees, but none of them hit anything. Luckily, we're renters and not responsible for the repairs or cleanup. If you follow this link, you can see some pictures. The church that had the wall blow down is a block away! Funny enough, all of my children totally slept through the storm. The damaging winds rattled our whole house fiercely for about five minutes and then it was very calm.

In other news, I have taken up knitting. I have joined a group class with my sister-in-law and her mom and sister. I am really pleased at how relaxed I am and how quickly I am picking it up. This has not been my experience before with handicrafts. LOL! I think I am growing in self-confidence.

Another area where I am picking up steam is my exercise. Speed, endurance, core strength, yay! I actually look forward to sweating. A big motivator for me is that I want to be in "fighting shape" for gardening season this year. I plan to do a separate post soon about my garden projects.

Happy Spring everyone!

3 comments:

laurie said...

Good for you, Marjorie! I always thought knitting looked fun and I did something simple once but I don't have a lot of patience for those kinds of things--maybe it does have to do with self-confidence. Good job on the exercise--I've been doing a bit more lately too and it does feel great.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all are ok! I find myself a bit more intimidated by storms as an adult (I blame it all on the movie, Twister! :), though I slept through most storms as a child too. :-)

Congrats on the movin' and shakin' (and knittin')!

greenmama! said...

Thanks, ladies. Laurie, I was thinking about it and I realized that it isn't just self-confidence... it's the realization that it isn't the end of the world to make a mistake. Which is a kind of confidence, right? :)

Kim, I never watched Twister because even the previews were too scary. LOL! I kind of enjoy lightening and thunder, as long as I am inside and dry.

Marjorie